Bulk Stacker - Matthews, NC
Safely loads trailers with merchandise in saleable condition to be delivered to individual stores in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Must have previous experience working with motorized pallet jacks and/or forklifts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Loads trailers while maintaining Family Dollar safety policies to avoid personal injuries and property damage.
2. Stacks merchandise high and tight to ensure stability of freight and make use of all available space on trailer.
3. Achieves set standards (engineered or productivity) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
4. Places freight in a manner that is balanced and minimizes opportunity for damage during transport.
5. Keeps store freight separated by placing plastic sheeting between orders as determined by batch light and load diagram.
6. Ensures freight is loaded so that appropriate space is left at end of trailer, determining when overflow is necessary.
7. Checks boxes and labels to ensure merchandise is not damaged and that it is going to the correct store.
8. Works as a team to prevent production downtime due to overloading or merchandise being left on the extender.
9. Loads non-conveyable merchandise at appropriate time and in store order.
10. Follows set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
11. Maintains an organized work area and promotes a safe working environment within the Shipping department.
12. Follows all Company policies and procedures.
13. All other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements :
Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks required the ability to repetitively lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 60 pounds. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.
Associate will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.
Compensation = $10/Hour
Keywords: shipping, warehouse, loader
Full Time, Temp Position
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability or veteran status.