Peak Performers is a nonprofit recruiting firm specializing in contract roles with state of Texas government agencies. We've partnered with the Texas Employees Retirement Systems to recruit for a Business Analyst. The workplace will be in downtown Austin and the workday will be 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
Established in 1947, the Texas Employees Retirement System (ERS) works to enhance the lives of state employees, retirees, and their dependents through the agency’s successful project planning, budget activities, and prioritization. Emphasizing teamwork and collaboration, ERS aims to: support their members’ retirement income security, sustain competitive group benefits programs, engage stakeholders for informed decision making, and enhance agency performance and accountability. ERS’ tasks are critical to supporting former public employees in retirement and beyond.
Performs advanced business and process analysis work in the Business Analyst unit of the Information Systems Division. Engages stakeholders to define business problems and opportunities for improvement. Determines business needs and identifies solutions that provide desired business outcomes to support the strategy, mission and vision of ERS. Uses best practices in business analysis and process modeling to define, analyze and document business processes, work flows and system requirements for the purpose of automating processing or improving existing systems. Works under minimal direction from the Business Analyst Team Lead with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify and document business needs, challenges, and areas of opportunities and may lead business process enhancement efforts.
Analyzes the feasibility of, and elicits detailed requirements for, new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems; ensures the needs of users are met and determines scope and level of effort.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of detailed requirement specification documents, business process diagrams, charts, tables and reports that depict the present and proposed systems in terms of benefits and costs.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems; and reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes, workflows, new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides assistance to developers, systems analysts, or customers on system applications, software, and hardware; and provides production support to users of systems and applications, including on-site support as needed.
- Manages scope, processes change requests and assists with deployment of solutions.
- Coordinates business validation of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Collaborates on project planning and scheduling during project development and implementation stages.
- Assists in special inquiries, research studies, and internal audits.
- Develops and/or reviews complex system documents to convey business requirements and support efficient system design and quality standards.
- Serves as a liaison by providing consultation, documentation, and direction to other areas with regard to analysis, design, configuration, testing, and policy implementation within all systems.
- Creates use cases and verifies with users that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Identifies potential project risks and difficulties, and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
- Manages the customer service request life cycle through business requirements coordination, review of technical specifications and related artifacts, and monitoring system integration.
- Reviews, collaborates and may prepare complex project deliverables such as project charters, design documentation, test plans, and risk assessment plans, and provides comments and suggestions to document owners.
- Assists with the development and implementation of strategic planning actions and policy decisions and in making recommendations concerning the direction of the agency efforts.
- May develop training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module.
- May oversee the analysis of potential program policies and procedures to determine their effect on automated systems and system functional areas.
- Defines the set of strategic, core, and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identifies and describes external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describes which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Defines data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Captures relationships among roles, capabilities, and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
- Five years experience in eliciting, analyzing, defining and documenting business requirements, supporting business process improvement efforts, and transforming business requirements into functional requirement specifications.
- Five years experience collaborating with business case and/or proposal development, including planning, requirements management, monitoring, and communication.
- Five years experience performing a liaison role between functional and technical teams.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer science, computer information systems or management information systems is generally preferred. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
You may also have:
- Three years experience in Finance, Investments, or Human Resources industry
- Three years experience in systems design and systems analysis
- Three years experience in SharePoint
- Able to apply all knowledge, skills and critical thinking to all aspects of the job. Critical thinking is a process of forming reasoned opinions through observation, information collection, interpretation, analysis, inference, evaluation, and other skills necessary to successfully meet performance standards of the job.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, coordinating and solving complex problems.
- Able to analyze systems and business processes; to write and revise standards and procedures; to handle multiple projects; to communicate effectively; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Knowledgeable in systems analysis and design OR Finance and Investments.
- Must have the ability to work with all areas of the IS organization as well as functional users and management.
- Must be capable of attaining and sustaining the cooperation of other personnel within the agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, and Project.
- Skilled in written and oral communications.
Project term: 6 months
Compensation: $45 / hour (W2)
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 24 years and thousands of job placements.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.