- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
What does a Business Analyst – Accounting and Compliance do?
- Support accounting, reporting and compliance in the identification, planning, testing and implementation of business process re-engineering and change management projects through the use of technology and efficiencies.
- Act as a liaison among end-users, project managers, sponsors, developers and product managers in the analysis, design, configuration, testing, acceptance, adoptions and maintenance of new software projects and existing systems.
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for enhancements to the system; ensure the design fits the needs of the user.
- Research and prepare statistical reports using system data.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation related to Sarbanes-Oxley controls and audit compliance.
- Act as liaison between Accounting, IT, and internal and external auditors.What does it take to be a Business Analyst – Accounting and Compliance?
- Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field of study. It is strongly preferred that the successful candidate have course credits or certification in Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills including a high proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to work in cross functional environments
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to interface with management and staff at all levels within the organization and with external vendors.
- Possess the ability to work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced environment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of OnBase, PowerPlan, Tagetik or other equivalent software
- Familiarity with data gathering, data analysis and converting data into high value information for decision making
- Knowledge of the various software development lifecycles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL and query writing
- Working experience in a Sarbanes-Oxley control environment
- Working experience with Lean Six Sigma managerial concepts
Applications will be accepted until July 27, 2018. Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR