Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Business Analyst, Staff provides the knowledge, governance and support needed to manage Blackbaud’s financial time tracking processes by troubleshooting issues, improving and auditing process, and ensuring that our resources have what they need to accurately account for their time utilized. This is an operational role supporting our Corporate Finance, R&D and Operations teams, and focused on making our financial time tracking systems, reporting and processes more effective. The BA understands business workflow processes and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
As a Business Analyst, it will be your job to evaluate our financial tracking procedures and systems to develop insights into how to make changes to assist the business in operating more efficiently. Understanding how the processes of each department using our financial tracking systems affect business output is critical. Through this you will be able to define any recommended changes to best practices, and procedures to assist the leadership team in implementing your strategic business function improvements. You may also perform any of the following activities: conduct cost/benefit analysis; model techniques and methods to improve accuracy of time tracking data analysis; audit financial time tracking data and processes; assist in managing financial time tracking compliance and adherence to best practice.
Key activities include:
- Accurately defines the information that must be gathered for problem solving.
- Looks beyond obvious solutions, and identifies underlying or hidden problems or trends across groups.
- Assists in solving difficult, complex problems that affect other groups.
- Asks thoughtful, critical questions, and probes for information that facilitates problem solving.
- Works with more senior team members to analyze the risks, benefits and opportunities of various solutions.
- Focuses on understanding customers, gathering information to learn about their needs and expectations.
- Responsive to any data indicating a customer opportunity or change in customer needs.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing improvement
- Following guidance of more senior team members, contributes to team efforts to expertly design, manage, control, refine, and simplify the most complex systems and processes, involving major functions or business units whether interfacing with external or internal customers
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments and/or projects.
- Challenges self to push the status-quo.
- Thinks outside the given parameters to see if there is a better, more effective way
- Communicates ideas and information in a form well matched to and well received by the audience.
- Ability to influence others to gain consensus on desired outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree, 0-3 years experience
- Finance or Accounting Background Desirable
- Analytical thinker capable of creative problem solving and requirements gathering
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office required, with strong proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of Time Tracking Solutions (e.g. Replicon), Financial Systems, and other best in class financial analysis tools desired.
Knowledge of Research and Development, and/or Information Technology organizations are also a plus
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
- Check us out for yourself on The Muse!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.