Piper Companies is currently seeking a Business Analyst in Durham, NC to work in an agile insurance and finance environment.
Responsibilities for the Business Analyst include:
- Prepare technical reports by accumulating, analyzing, and sum up information and trends. Deliver analytical support by managing data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Gather, assemble, and synthesize information with respect to business or technology processes and/ or systems.
- Direct customers, stakeholders, and the development team members in the progression of analyzing business requirements and develop solutions aligned with business and IT strategies.
- Accountable for producing and documenting business requirements and endorsing solutions in support of business needs and overall IT strategies. Yield required project lifecycle documentation such as project initiation documents, detailed business requirements, diagrams, and use cases.
- Partake in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Guarantee compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with the regulatory standards and policies of the company. Heighten relations with internal control and external regulators by tackling any issues.
Requirements for the Business Analyst include:
- 3+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- Strong background and experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) in Agile methodologies where JIRA is used.
- Understanding of business analysis methodology/processes based either in IIBA, PMI or BCS
- Familiarity with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Experience working with SQL, pulling SQL reports and analyzing data that is specifically living in SQL
- Experience working with a SQL Data Warehouse is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Business Finance, or closely related field
Compensation for the Business Analyst include:
- Salary Range: $90,000 - 100,000 based on experience
- Full Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Paid Time Off
There is no sponsorship or corp2corp arrangements available for this position
Business Analyst, BA, insurance, finance, analytical support, data extraction, data interpretation, integration testing, user acceptance testing, UAT, agile, SDLC, software development lifecycle, JIRA, IIBA, PMI, BCS, Microsoft, MS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint, computer science, information systems, business administration, business finance, accounting, full benefits, healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, paid time off, benefits,