Our client, a Fortune 50 global leader in the financial services industry is hiring a Business Analyst to join their Global Banking and Markets team for their Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions project in NYC.
The Business Analyst in this Role Will Be Responsible for the Following:
- Daily processing of Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions in a timely manner whilst understanding and mitigating the risk associated with the role across several entities.
- Ensure all events are properly elected and reconciled.
- Face off with Trading/Stock Loan Desks across multiple Regions.
- Work to identify any gaps in the process and deliver solutions to close those gaps.
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries within required timelines and with a high degree of accuracy and support both Department wide and Firm wide initiatives.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
- Understand / reduce the risk associated with Corporate Action events across several Markets and Entities
- Interact with other financial institutions, various business units and other department members regarding liabilities and event details
- Research queries from external clients and other internal areas (i.e. Finance, Settlements, Confirmations, Risk, etc)
- Position requires extensive interaction with traders and support partners in Finance, Operations and Technology
- Project work is expected, including process enhancement initiatives and system testing
Business Analysts for this Role Must Possess the Following Experience:
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- The ability to be innovative and creative
- A high degree of self-motivation and integrity
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Client focused individual with the drive to exceed expectations
- Strong Asset Services / Operations background
- Results oriented individual with good problem solving abilities