RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Business Analyst III in Chicago, Illinois (IL).
The Business Analyst III position will work with business units, supporting multiple assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet company cost, quality, and strategic targets. The role works within a SCRUM team/Agile environment, specifically: gathering and analyzing user requirements; converting user requirements into epics and user stories; managing the project backlog via Kanban and SCRUM boards in Agile enablement software; and participating in SCRUM ceremonies. The role is a value-added partner to the business and development teams for the overall project and product life cycles. The candidate is strong in communication, collaboration, creating deliverables, business prioritization, and writing requirements/user stories. The role interacts a great deal with business users, product owner(s), project manager(s), and development partners.
- Work closely with product team members for alignment on product roadmap and priorities
- Work closely with lines of business and product team members to gather requirements, which are then converted to epics and stories with easily digestible acceptance criteria
- Analyze requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, SCRUM Ceremonies
- May assist with UAT
- Follow internal Agile processes and protocols for software development
- Work between remote development teams, internal IT and business to ensure requirements are being met
- Must thrive in a constraint driven environment
- All other duties as assigned
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment using SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
- Expert at gathering business requirements and translating them into epics and user stories on complex or large projects
- Broad understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions and SCRUM ceremonies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization
- IT research, software analysis, and design skills
- Business requirements gathering
- Understanding of the role of BA in the full software development life cycle
- Experience using JIRA is a plus
- Experience with large Data Migration projects is a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.