My customer, a pharmaceutical company in New Hyde Park, NY has a 3 month contract position available for a Business Analyst.
This specific role focuses on and exciting program, which aims to bring a transformational change in Transportation Services to one of the company's global specialty logistics business units. This individual will be responsible for collecting, documenting, and confirming business requirements and functional specifications.
• Responsible for business analysis activities in accordance with the systems development methodology and supporting projects within a specific portfolio area (Distribution Services - Transportation).
• This individual may work independently or with other Portfolio associates to deliver small scale projects or deliverables for larger projects.
• Works in close collaboration with business partners and developers to ensure consistent understanding of business processes and requirements.
• Defines, develops, and delivers test plans and associated test case scenarios.
• Establishes effective relationships with other groups and external vendor IT departments; builds and maintains effective business partner relationships.
• Assists with tasks and deliverables related to System Development Life Cycle phases for package and custom solutions.
• Attends and participates in user and project meetings and teams to expand knowledge, as a participant and not in a lead capacity; facilitates project status meetings; tracks project status, related to own work deliverables.
• Investigates and documents project issues and detailed requirements.
• Frequently interacts with IT staff including business area management, portfolio managers, product managers, other business solutions analysts, developers, testers, vendors, consultants and other contractors.
• Experience in the transportation, logistics, and/or pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
• Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
• Requires working knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
• Working knowledge of IIBA principles and practices
• Minimum 3 years relevant technical or business work experience.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team / group setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data?
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 100,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.