Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Business Analyst with our San Diego, California Corporate Office.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full-service Mortgage Banker.
Plaza’s mission is to become the premier provider of mortgage loans by developing a distinct, sustainable competitive advantage through superior execution of a business philosophy that combines knowledge, technology, and service. Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is dedicated to building long-term relationships with both customers and employees through quality training, and excellent customer support.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for defining the requirements for deliverables to support technology projects of all sizes. Projects involve working on a very large system implementation. The position is expected to work with technology staff. Manage emails, phone calls and in-person meetings to follow up and assist with the delivery of work to move the effort of the project forward.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Business analysis and requirements gathering for technology projects of varying size and
- Define testing scenarios and write test cases.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings to communicate direction and assignments of work to be completed.
- Gather day-to-day functional details to assist with decision making.
- Develop plans from collaborative discussions with team members for completing phases and major activities of the project.
- Communicate progress, issues, and risks to the senior leadership regularly as part of status discussions.
- Manage the review, discussion, and agreement for business requirements documentation for a commercial off the shelf (COTS) loan origination software (LOS) application.
- Follow-up with vendors and internal associates to manage project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree desired
- 5+ years applied experience as a business analyst engaged in complex, process improvement and technology projects
- Process improvement experience a plus; Lean Six Sigma a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Sound analytical and decision-making capabilities along with good follow up skills
- An understanding of testing as it occurs in a software development project
- Experience managing vendors and their deliverables is desirable
- Skilled in working on projects that follow a traditional waterfall SDLC
- Knowledge working on projects that follow Agile or SCRUM Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio or other visual mapping software is necessary
- Strong attention to detail with ability to manage multiple priorities and possess exceptional organizational skills
- Proven aptitude to work collaboratively with multiple team members
- Technology / Mortgage / Financial Industry a strong plus
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Information Gathering and Processing
- Information Management
- Problem Solving
- Results Management
- Using Information Technology
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.