RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is immediately adding a full time Business Analysts to our team in support of our enterprise technology solutions client in Rancho Cordova, California (CA). Our client is an end-to-end services company providing information technology and consulting services to businesses and governments.
This role will be supporting Strategic Offender Management System (SOMs) Run Applications. This includes eliciting business requirements for minor enhancements and releases, performing system troubleshooting and defect resolution. Business Analysts (BAs) interact directly with clients, users and all members of the project team, acting as the conduit between stakeholders, users and the software delivery organization. Responsibilities include documenting business objectives and business processes, defining functional requirements and business rules, validating system design and testing artifacts, and assisting in testing and deploying the solution. The candidate works with clients to determine application deployment readiness, and to respond to clients calls for assistance. They provide level 2 response to trouble tickets. On-call duties are required 24x7 with a required response within 5 minutes.
This is a role supporting a suite of Offender Management applications for the State of California as a Business Analyst (BA). As a BA, the candidate will interact directly with clients, users and all members of the project team, acting as the conduit between stakeholders, users and the software delivery organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Documenting business objectives and business processes
- Defining functional requirements and business rules, validating system design and testing artifacts
- Assisting in testing and deploying the solution
- Works with clients to determine application deployment readiness, and to respond to clients calls for assistance
- Provides level 2 response to trouble tickets
REQUIREMENTS:Business Analysts in this role will have successfully demonstrated the following skills over a minimum of four (4) years of progressive, directly related job experience:
- Requirements Elicitation - Researching, interviewing
- Facilitation - Preparing and leading workshops (e.g., JAD) and information-gathering sessions
- Requirements Determination - Using structured, repeatable processes for documenting, analyzing and validating requirements
- Business Analysis - Evaluating information from multiple sources; decomposing high-level information into details; abstracting low-level information; distinguishing requests vs. needs; distinguishing requirements from solutions; and classifying, synthesizing, and prioritizing requirements
- Structured Requirements: Capturing details with precision; driving out ambiguity; ensuring consistent understanding across clients, designers and testers
- Business Process Modeling - Documenting and diagramming current state business processes, then deriving and documenting/diagramming desired/future state high-level business processes
- Scope Management - Defining scope, managing expectations, identifying potential change
- Requirements Management - Creating and maintaining baselines and traceability
- Change Management - Identifying, assessing and managing changes
- Issue & Risk management - Identifying, managing, mitigating and escalating
- Creativity and Problem Solving - Bringing innovative ideas to complex problems
- Collaboration - Building relationships and working effectively with internal and external teams, at all organizational levels
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.