Business Capture Engineer
Location: Greater Hartford, CT area or Simi Valley, CA area (25% USA travel)
Duration: Direct Hire
Must have or be able to obtain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) Security clearance.
Must be able to work on-site in Greater Hartford, CT area or Simi Valley, CA area.
The Business Capture Engineer is the Development Engineer on New Business Projects, and is responsible for technical aspects of the product design from concept through development. Serve as Technical Lead for concept design, modeling, and prototyping of energetic and non-energetic components and systems, ensuring the new product designs meet the customer needs.
- Create 3D conceptual models to meet customer design requirements.
- Interact with customers on design, interface, and functional details.
- Perform design trade studies and tolerance studies to ensure design fidelity.
- Interact with suppliers to rapid prototype parts for risk reduction testing.
- Participate in brainstorming, problem solving, and failure analysis activities.
- Requirement and risk assessment and management.
- Product testing and evaluation.
- Cost estimating and management for proposal, development, and program activities.
- 5+ years of experience in product design of Aerospace, Missile, and/or Defense products.
- Demonstrated experience in New Product Development and Rapid Prototyping.
- Proven experience leading technical teams.
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze Mechanical, Chemical and/or Electrical specification requirements and data.
- Knowledge of explosive materials and energetic devices for missile and/or launch vehicle systems highly desired.
- Experience with product development, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing processes highly desired.
- Solid modeling experience (SolidWorks preferred).
- Experience with all Microsoft Office tools including MS Project.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills for interaction with various levels of management and customers.
- BS/MS in an Engineering discipline is required.