Location: Irvine, California
Job Type: Business Development Associate
Position Type: Full Time
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred, MBA degree plus
Smilegate is a leading video game company and the creators of Crossfire, the world’s #1 online first-person shooter game. We are founded on a mission to pioneer new innovations, and we continue to strive to deliver the best games, interactive experiences and values in the global entertainment industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Business Development Team in Irvine, California as a (title). This position supports global business development efforts on behalf of Smilegate headquarter in South Korea and in particular, will focus on building and managing new strategic partnerships with game developers in western territories . Ideal candidate will have deep understanding about all forms of publisher-to-developer partnerships in the video game industry and possess the ability to identify and formulate new partnership opportunities that align with the overall strategic missions of the company.
- Build and manage a profound network of relationships with development studios in western territories.
- Support internal stakeholders to initiate, evaluate and execute strategic partnerships with western development studios.
- Identify and drive strategic partnerships and transactions to accelerate growth of the company.
- Work with external partners around the world, ranging from small to large-scale enterprises, to identify areas of collaboration.
- Support internal studios establish work-for-hire partnerships for full game dev or co-dev projects.
- Identify and evaluate new original IP game concepts for project financing.
- Coordinate game pitch meetings, playtests, and key meetings during trade shows.
- Facilitate developer due diligence trips.
- Support negotiations of high value deals with complex term structure.
- Expected to work with multiple internal teams to drive evaluation, build project P&Ls and negotiate and sign deals.
- Prepare internal reports and presentations and external sales pitch.
- Manage the internal business development database platform.
- Sustain relationships with top tier IP holders in the video game industry.
- Research the western market as needed.
- Idea candidate should have 1)passion 2)profound knowledge of video games (PC, Console, Mobile, VR, etc.) and game development studios from around the world
- Ability to work cross-functional and support various internal departments and key stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships with development studios of all sizes, from senior executives of top tier development studios to indie.
- Experience in initiating, evaluating and executing strategic partnerships with external development studios.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a superior drive for results.
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized.
- Ability to multi-task and work under a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work on PowerPoint slides
- Extensive travels to around the world is required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Extensive network of global game developers
- Past experience in M&A
- MBA preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Korean.
All candidates MUST be eligible to work in the U.S
Visa sponsorship NOT available