Business Development Manager—Litigation
At Buchanan Ingersoll& Rooney PC, working together - to serve clients and each other - is what we're all about. Our Firm has multiple offices in California, Florida, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, as well as offices in Delaware, Virginia and Washington, D.C.; we are always looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Business Development Manager for the firm’s Litigation Section. The individual may be based in any of the following offices: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. or NYC.
The Business Development Manager will serve as the lead on all business development and marketing functions for the Litigation Section. This individual will work under the direction of the Director of Business Development, and collaborate with Section Leadership and the Director of Litigation Section to support, lead and execute on all business development initiatives for the Litigation Section.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position include:
- Serve as a strategic leader for the Litigation Section in proactively identifying and pursuing high-value, high-probability business development opportunities with new and existing firm clients.
- Drive and track execution on the Litigation Section business development plan, working with Section leadership and attorneys to advance revenue growth initiatives.
- Formulate client acquisition strategies at the individual and group levels.
- Implement one-on-one sales coaching and pitch strategy meetings to optimize new business pursuits and proliferate business development best practices.
- Perform detailed competitive intelligence analysis and opportunity assessments in order to make pursuit recommendations to the Section Chair, Section’s Director and/or individual attorneys.
- Identify key external marketing opportunities to promote the Litigation Section as a whole and the Section’s individual attorneys.
- Collaborate with the media team to maximize PR opportunities and grow reputation and name recognition.
- Develop and manage a Section business development budget that is strategic and focused on driving revenue.
- Occasional travel required.
- Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or communications preferred. JD or MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in professional services business development and marketing. Litigation experience preferred.
- Proven track record of success in business development.
- Highly proficient in legal research and analytics platforms.
- Excellent relationship building capabilities are required. Ability to build rapport and trust with senior executives.
- Strong project management, leadership, coaching, analytical and supervisory skills.
- Experience in budgeting and budget management.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment with a client service focus.
- Must be technically savvy and a creative thinker.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC offers a benefit package that includes;
- 401K Program
- Pension Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer