Business Development Manager (BDM)| Pittsburgh
Rycon Construction, Inc., a leading preconstruction, general contracting, and construction management firm with offices in Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, and Cleveland, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team in the Pittsburgh office.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) provides support toward the procurement effort by actively gathering information on potential opportunities, managing CRM, arranging introductory events with project influential owner personnel with appropriate Rycon management, gain insights in to owner tendencies on decision making process.
The BDM will facilitate and manage various forms of research to gain understanding of a client’s process and internal structure. The BDM’s research will streamline Rycon’s ability to determine an applicable and appropriate client development strategy.
Essential Job Functions Include and not limited to:
- Focus on key market development as determined by Rycon leadership
- Research clients, partners, market trends, immediate and future project opportunities
- Ability to creatively gain insight into development of potential projects using traditional and non-traditional research methods
- Develop and implement strategic plans to guide the company into new and existing markets
- Track and monitor progress in development of new clients / markets
- Analyze market trends and key strategic markets
- Develop new relationships with prospective clients through direct engagement and industry events & conferences
- Consistently seek new design and industry partner relationships that will crate and added value though project knowledge and facilitate a more informed decision-making process for partnering selections
- With minimal supervision, ability to persuasively, persistently and confidently sell Rycon’s capabilities and services to project owners.
- Manages continual sales process, develops sincere relationships, responds to and anticipates customer needs
- Work with Marketing Team to utilize applicable sales and CRM tools to plan, manage, and execute client engagements
- Manage CRM effectively, accurately, and develop ways to improve existing process and tools.
- Responsible for consistently developing and managing potential sales pipeline
- Assist with development and management of company growth strategies
- Drive sales for all offices, divisions, and services.
- Support client management by developing and maintaining key relationships with strategic accounts
- Leverage existing relationships to organically drive future opportunities in all markets and services
- Join and be an active member of appropriate industry organizations and community relations
- Will collaborate with all company divisions and Marketing Team in coordinating all industry events, including and not limited to trade shows.
- Work with Marketing team to manage social media content and communication
- B.S. in A/E/C field and or Business Administration / Marketing
- Minimum 3-5 years Business Development experience in the A/E/C industry.
- Proven track record in building sales of construction services
- Established connections in the commercial construction market as a result of previous sales experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced communication skills
- Working knowledge all services in the AEC industry including, but not limited to, sustainability, LEED, Cx services, emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of OSHA, ICRA, and industry safety standards
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent skills in time management, organizing, writing, proofreading, and editing.
- High energy and self-directed.
- Ability to travel to client sites and meetings, regional offices, trade shows, and industry events.
- Ability to entertain clients at various times, days, and events throughout the year.
- CRMsoftware experience is a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume via this website, or visit www.ryconinc.com and follow the careers link on our webpage.