Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer (“BDO”) is responsible for creating and leading strategies to increase branch deposits, market share and profitability.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Builds and develops a capable and resourceful team, creating an environment that motivates employees to achieve goals and deliver best in class service.
- Defines team responsibilities and expectations, sets goals and objectives and provides performance feedback, encouraging training and development.
- Proactively looks to expand customer base by cultivating referral relationships with centers of influence, prospecting, networking, and target marketing customers/prospects and building a book of business in the local market.
- Assesses and identifies the customer’s needs, educates customers on bank wide services to create cross sell opportunities as well as enhance the loyalty and profitability of existing relationships.
- Drive customer satisfaction by ensuring that team members provide all new, existing and potential customers with a consistent, friendly and professional banking experience that fosters loyalty and deepens customer relationship.
- Collaborates with Lending team on referral opportunities, identifying and servicing customer’s needs.
- Works with branch partners to research new business trends and develop and execute a strategy for meeting sales and profitability goals, and community development sourcing from business development.
- Identifies opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Maintains a strong presence with the local community through active involvement and leadership roles in various professional organizations.
- Ensures all activities and records are in compliance with operational, security, and control procedures of the Bank, as well as applicable regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years new business development, branch management, sales experience or portfolio growth of customers in the commercial, middle market, business, and/or corporate banking segments.
- Extensive knowledge of cash management with a proven record of success in business development within the small business bank and middle market sectors.
- General knowledge of commercial credit, lending, and strong knowledge of business related banking services to aid in identifying cross sell opportunities.
- Ability to self-generate and drive new business development.
- Bilingual, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
Salary will commensurate with experience.
The position is located at 2131 Jericho Turnpike, Garden City Park, NY 11040.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.comHelp.Hanover Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.