ULA is America's #1 space launch provider with 100% mission success on over 100 consecutive launches. Our vision is to Save Lives, Explore the Universe and Connect the World.
- In this role, you will be the Primary Business Development Point of Contact for NRO and other Intelligence Community customers.
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships at all levels of leadership.
- Serves as conduit for collecting senior customer needs and desires, and ensures ULA Senior Leadership Team is aware of customer community environment.
- Develops, maintains and executes a repeatable Business Rhythm to ensure internal team cohesion and consistent, deliberate, periodic communications with senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing strategic messaging to ensure understanding of ULA vision, technical roadmap and overall strategy.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages new business opportunities and marketing initiatives consistent with ULA's long-range strategic plans.
- Conceives and recommends break through marketing and business development strategies to support attainment of new and retention and expansion of current customer bases.
- Anticipates longer range business opportunities and develops solutions to support attainment of future business.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and managing new business opportunities and marketing initiatives.
- Participates in presales or sales meetings to review proposed plans.
- Responsible for the research and analysis of business opportunities consistent with the organization's long range and strategic plans.
- Evaluates projects through financial feasibility studies, market research, and planning.
- Responsible for the sale of products and/or services ensuring the organization's sales volume and profitability objectives are met.
- Convenient Work Schedule: ULA operates to a standard work schedule of 9/80 with the alternate Fridays off.
- Employee Incentive Plan: ULA rewards employees for their contributions toward achieving ULA's annual goals.
- Tuition Assistance: ULA offers financial assistance to employees seeking college and university degrees and job-related professional certifications.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Accident & Disability plans that start Day 1.
- Generous paid Vacation and Holiday schedule, and matching 401K Savings plan.
Functional Job Description
Safety to Self and Others: Must be able to perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to repetitive motion injuries due to keyboarding or to cuts and bruises due to typical office accidents.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use computer and office equipment and to use hands to type, manipulate, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close –vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing and use interpersonal skills. The employee is regularly required to prioritize, multitask, analyze, interpret, coordinate, compile, evaluate, synthesize, compute, problem solve, concentrate, and think critically. The employee is occasionally required to copy, instruct, and negotiate.
Judgment and Decision-Making: Work is regularly assigned by self, supervisor, and departmental staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to exercise prudent judgment, decision making, and analytical skills to determine manner and operational steps necessary to properly handle inquiries and perform daily tasks within professional standards. Decision making is guided by ULA policies and procedures.
All tasks described in the job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The duties and responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of fundamental job duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information.)
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program.
Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below.
E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster (English | Spanish ).
External Additional Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years applicable experience
- Business Development experience and/or training
- Technical and strategy acumen
- Superior communication skills
- Familiarity with US Government acquisition processes, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs)
- Superior people/customer relationship skills to build effective relationships with NRO and Intelligence Community
- DOD S/TS and SCI Clearance
- Travel approximately 10-20%
External Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in a technical or management discipline
- Aerospace experience working with a range of US Government customers
- Space acquisition experience and familiarity with USAF Space and Missile Systems Center/Launch Enterprise
- Substantial launch operations, technical and programmatic experience
Relocation Available: Yes