JOB SUMMARY Responsible for the design, development, testing, and delivery of data reporting and integration solutions that support business performance metrics, data quality, speed of service and operational effectiveness. Interacts with business users to understand the requirements, current applications being used, and how they interact with the system architecture. Works with developers to create BI and analytical solutions. Collaborates in a team environment on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of critical business intelligence solutions. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Defines the overall BI data architecture, including Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes, Operational Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), data marts, and data lakes.
- Provides BI technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective data reporting.
- Manages middleware interface programs and or applications that move data between systems using ETL functions.
- Develops and maintains data architecture, data management standards/conventions, data dictionaries, data element naming standards, and data dictionary metadata standards.
- Designs, tests, and maintains systems and application programs within data warehouse and business intelligence platforms.
- Collaborates with BI Administrators, Developers, and Data Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Works with business groups and technical teams to develop and maintain data warehouse platform for BI reporting.
- Recommends appropriate technologies to support the implementation of the BI roadmap.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a closely related field.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess five (5) years of experience designing EDWs, conducting dimensional and relational data modeling for data warehouses or data marts, and using multiple database platforms (i.e.,Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server) and several ETL tools like Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Experience must include working with developers to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation and analyzing business needs and providing valuable, data-centric solutions and reports.
- Candidate must possess knowledge in diverse and emerging BI technologies and new architectural concepts and principles. Proficiency in Business Intelligence (BI) integration tools, data modeling, system administration and knowledge of data analysis methodologies.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical, technical, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and strong customer service skills. Must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and execute many complex tasks simultaneously; anticipate business needs, and think with a business owner mindset, as well as work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must possess the ability to be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled.