This position is responsible for Data Warehouse life cycle enhancements: interpreting reporting requirements and translating those requirements into actionable ETL/ELT, Data Modeling and report enhancements. Must be able to recognize and calculate KPI for business.
- Works with data analysts and other business users to identify reporting requirements
- Works in a Scrum environment using agile techniques
- Quickly learn about LocalEdge data and how it relates across all source systems.
- Develops and designs database models/enhancements as well as ETL/ELT procedures to integrate needed data into existing dimensional data warehouse.
- Develops and documents data model standards, including forming relevant training materials
- Identifies inconsistencies with source system data and how it is desired to be reported so as to be able to feed change requests to source systems to facilitate or optimize ultimate reporting from the data warehouse.
- Participate in process improvement to ensure secure, tight, repeatable deployment from testing to production data warehouse environments.
- Develops QA checklists and procedures; works with department managers to create policy
- Effectively manage the balance of current and future needs in data model design
- Develops reporting and ad-hoc analysis as requested by department
- Troubleshoots core system related problems received by the Support Desk
- Works on other system related projects as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
A four year degree with a concentration in Computer Science or related field is required, plus eight years’ experience in a similar role.