The Business Liaison, will assist David’s Bridal IT department in its mission to unlock the potential for technology to deliver tremendous value to the company. This role will work closely with our key business stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives, educate them on how to effectively interact with IT, ensure that requests of IT are correctly logged and keep them apprised of the status of their IT requests and the IT roadmap in general. The Business Liaison will also work closely with the PMO, the agile software engineering teams and the Customer Experience & Product Management (CEPM) team to ensure key business stakeholders’ requests are fully understood and prioritized appropriately. This role will also confirm that IT is aware of business deadlines related to a request and that the sequencing of work in IT reflects these deadlines. The Business Liaison will also drive the creation and consistent application of lightweight and repeatable processes to effectively manage the intake and status reporting of IT requests and incident resolution.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Reduce confusion and friction points for business stakeholders by acting as a primary interface and escalation point into IT.
· Work closely with stakeholders to become intimately familiar with business objectives and technology needs.
· Educate and guide stakeholders on how to properly submit a request or incident to IT with all necessary supporting information to enable fast and effective analysis and/or troubleshooting.
· Improve business stakeholder confidence in IT by providing a greater level of visibility and clarity into all existing IT requests/incidents.
· Meet with stakeholders on a regular basis to review business impact, status and prioritization of existing requests.
· Collaborate with the Software Engineering and Architecture teams on a regular basis to ensure business stakeholder requests/incidents are fully understood and actionable.
· Establish escalation protocols with the Software Engineering team to ensure awareness of any issue that significantly impacts business stakeholders. Contact necessary stakeholders, develop appropriate message content and appropriate communication vehicle.
· Lead the daily IT operations “stand-up” meeting and ensure that all callouts raised in that meeting are actionable, owners have been assigned for follow-up and any potential business impacts have been communicated to key stakeholders.
· Utilize JIRA and Easy Vista for reviewing and managing stakeholder’s requests daily to ensure that all requests remain actionable and timely.
· Collaborate with the PMO and CEPM teams to understand current IT capacity and ensure stakeholder’s requests are prioritized and sequenced in a matter consistent with business impact and any key business deadlines that must be met.
· Develop executive level reporting to share with IT leadership and key business sponsors that summarizes stakeholder’s business objectives and technology needs, satisfaction with current services levels being provided by IT and upcoming milestones.
· Ensure that business stakeholders remain apprised of all critical IT activities, not just activities in their area but across IT so they gain a better appreciation for the value being delivered by IT and how their requests fit into the larger IT roadmap.
· Participate in weekly PMO/CEPM planning meetings and agile sprint team planning sessions when necessary to provide business context to stakeholder’s requests and/or incidents.
· Assist PMO and/or Product Managers with business case justification and cost/benefit/risk analysis for proposed new initiatives.
· Assist PMO in continuously improving the request funnel into IT by capturing real life use cases that lead to confusion and/or inefficiencies in delivery.
· Participate in root cause analysis and identification / implementation of improvements to the overall process to help drive efficiency and maximize productivity.
· Obtain high level understanding of the IT budget that supports key business stakeholders and provide budgetary guidance and impact analysis on proposed future initiatives.
· Remain current on new technologies, trends, and best practices relative to assigned systems that can bolster business operations, eliminate customer friction, and/or generally improve return on investment.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
· May be required to travel domestically on occasion.
· May be required to work outside normal office hours or for extended hours.
· Maintain detailed knowledgebase of processes, procedures, protocols, deliverables, etc.
· Assist with PCI, PII, and ADA compliance issues as required.