On behalf of Research Triangle Institute (RTI), Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking full-time Business Liaisons for a government sponsored research study.
RTI, an international nonprofit research organization, is conducting an ongoing research project to populate and keep current a large online database called the Occupational Information Network (O*NET). Sponsored by the U.S. Dept. of Labor, O*NET is the nation’s primary source of occupational information about the US workforce.
RTI is seeking full-time Business Liaisons to work on the O*NET project. Business Liaisons act as the front line by reaching out by telephone to key decision-makers at randomly selected establishments across the country to gain their assistance and cooperation regarding occupational information. Extraordinary attention to detail is necessary, as project staff must adhere to RTI’s strict research methodology.
The position is full-time, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. We are only looking for individuals committed to working 40 hours per week. Qualified Candidates are those seeking a long-term position.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Conduct research in compliance with and adherence to project protocols and deadlines as specified in training and documented in project manual.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English language.
- Keen attention to detail of all kinds to include assurance of correct grammar usage and punctuation for professional correspondence.
- Must type accurately while conducting telephone conversations and must be proficient with Windows applications and email.
- Sharp intuition and instincts related to finding and reaching establishment decision-makers.
- Obtain cooperation of voluntary study participants while maintaining a confident, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to methodically guide participants, from a wide variety of industries and roles, through a step-by-step research process to complete data collection.
- Comfortable in a high-dialing work environment to complete telephone-based research.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with study participants, coworkers, managers and clients.
- Must be able to meet the following physical demands: sit for long periods of time, speak on the phone for up to 90% of your shift, work in a side-by-side cubicle office environment, communicate through speech and listening, reach with hands and arms, sit and view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- An ideal candidate is intellectually engaged in the research process. Successful Business Liaisons have come to us after working in various fields including: research, career counseling, human resources, public health, non-profits, academia, legal, banking, business development and technical support and sales.
- Additionally, we are seeking individuals who strive for excellence in their work and are willing to make a long-term commitment.
Training & Pay:
- Business Liaisons will be expected to attend a two-week paid training. Attendance at training is mandatory. Trainees must successfully complete training to continue employment on the project. This position pays $16.00/hour. Employees receive five paid holidays a year and can earn up to two more weeks paid time off (PTO) per year after working 500 hours.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training