Due to the upcoming retirement of a long term employee, we are seeking a very detail oriented, upbeat candidate to fill the position of Business Office Assistant. This position reports to the Business Office Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Office front desk clerical duties, which include:
- Answering telephones
- Greeting the public
- Receiving payments on accounts
- Data entry into proprietary software programs
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated expertise in accurate data entry skills.
- Good overall understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- Experience with American Health Tech Software and/or Medicare billing is a plus.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, residents and family members, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task and accomplish projects with minimum supervision.
- Professional demeanor and appearance required.
- High School Degree required. Additional education is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent, related employment experience is required.
- Experience working in a medical environment front office is highly desirable.