The Orthopedic And Spine Inpatient Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital is a specialty inpatient hospital which was established to set a new standard for excellence and patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal surgery. OASIS Hospital provides excellent patient services and the highest level of care, with the overall goal of improving the delivery of healthcare in Maricopa County and beyond.
Our singular focus is the state-of-the-art care of musculoskeletal conditions including joint replacement, spine surgery and other reconstructive procedures. Our mission is to provide first-class surgical services for the community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
This Supervisor is responsible for Billing departmental functions in support of the hospital mission, vision, and facility goals. The Supervisor identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department taking into account business trends, resource availability and changes in customers. This position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors.
The Billing Supervisor oversees all functions of Billing and Admissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ hospital business office experience or related field is required.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience supervising employees in a department.
- Reporting Skills – (3-5) years’ experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel.
- Strong ethics & a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Meet Billing Standards by contributing Billing information to strategic plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, resolving problems, and identifying billing system improvements.
- Supervises day to day functions of the Billing department which consists of monitoring staff, benefits & authorizations, charge entry review, and accounts receivables reports.
- Researching, developing, writing and updating billing procedures, methods & guidelines.
- Approves Credit Adjustments by reviewing documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes billing human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, counseling & disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; appraising job contributions; adhering to policies & procedures.
- Works closely with Admitting staff to ensure proper insurance identification and any associated items related to billing functions.