Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The Human Resources Business Partner will work as the strategic business partner on all people issues to ensure we attract, develop and retain the best talent and fuel the continued performance and growth of the organization.
- Leads and supports the number one value to Ensure Safety in the organization, including conducting safe behavior observations, using proper safety practices, procedures, and appropriate personal protective equipment
- Supports and practices the other values of the organization, including to Focus on Customers, Pursue Excellence, Work as One CEMEX, and Act with Integrity
- Acts as a business partner to all levels of management and executes professional HR objectives, practices and policies to meet business needs
- Leads and guides the process of change in the organization
- Identifies and tracks staffing needs of business and works proactively to fill them via internal and external hiring, succession planning, and retention practices
- Manages the hiring process including creation of job descriptions, recruiting, behavioral interviewing, selection of candidates, preparation of offers of employment and conduct new hire orientations
- Ensures that candidate backgrounds, education, and references are verified before hiring decisions are made
- Conducts exit interview and monitors all activities related with departing employees
- Oversight responsibility for compliance to company rules & policies and government regulations, and employee training and development, engagement and retention
- Investigates employee complaints and allegations of policy and rule violations
- Facilitates training programs for all levels of employees
- Councils and assists management in employee discipline, improvement plans and termination hearings/meetings
- Councils and assists management with labor and employee relations issues
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor of Arts or Science or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- 3 years of Human Resources management or related experience
- Strong communication skills written and verbal, including presentations before small and large groups
- Proficient with a personal computer - word, excel and power-point; SAP HR, Success Factors, and/or Taleo a plus
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources Generalist function
- Strategic decision making and tactical human resources experience
- Analytical thinking - problem solver that seeks best solution(s)
- Team Player - works well with others and is capable of collaborating across regions & functions
- Ethical and high compliance to institutional policies and standards
- Strong sense of urgency and customer service
- Ability to manage multiple issues at one time
- Ability to travel overnight and on weekends as needed
- Ability to work all hours including early morning, nights and weekends
- A valid driver license and clean driving record; ability to drive long distances safely
- Ability to physically perform the essential job functions for the position
- Capable of working in an open concept office environment
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery