Client is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems.
A typical Business Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
location: Tempe, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $50.27 - 55.13 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
• Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware, and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies systems parameters.
• Assists in formulating and defining small project/system scope and objectives and developing detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
• Participates in evaluating existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
• Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
• Works with IT team through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
• Assists in conducting feasibility studies and may participate in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
• Provides basic coordination and analytical assistance to staff which may include interpretation of requirements.
• Provides assistance in developing detailed requirements with business partners and system definition.
• Reviews, drafts, and outlines simple systems specifications, screen designs, and reports from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
• May support development of test scripts and participate in functional testing.
• May support maintenance of business systems and interface applications.
• Ensures compliance to departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported systems.
• Provides support as a subject matter expert to department or business units for small/less complex business applications or system processes.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one?s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
• Strong knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
• 8-10 years experience required.
We are highly interested in candidates who have Regulatory Reporting experience - CCAR, IHC etc.
• 10 years experience working with Asset Liability Management (ALM) Treasury or Corporate Finance related projects.
• At least 5 years exp in data mapping: Extensive experience in mapping "source-to-target" requirements, at least 5 years of experience
• 7 years experience in requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation: Ability to document technical requirements through in depth analysis of the data, and work with end users on desired outcome/results
• 5 years in excellent SQL skills to query large amounts of disparate data. Ability to perform "deep dive" analysis and identify anomalies and exceptions.
• 7 years in performing liaison role between technology and business
• Excellent communication skills to interface with various levels of management, as well as the end user, for both the technology and business project partners.
• Significant prior GL project experience is, as is an understanding of financial accounting and financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, etc.), strongly preferred. Preferred experience:
• 5 years of prior experience working on automation of financial/management reports using a data warehouse and front-end interfaces.
• 3 years of Strong knowledge of regulatory reporting, such as CCAR, IFRS9, European Regulatory Reporting, Cash Flows, Regulatory Reporting, etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.