Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Are you a high-energy problem-solver with a passion for technology? Are you great at understanding business and user needs and creating solutions that balance the needs of different stakeholders?
As a Business Systems Analyst at Blackbaud, you will collaborate with Product Management, User Experience, Engineering, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders to ensure that we have great functional and technical product design before an engineering team sprint even begins. We work closely together in R&D in an agile, iterative way focusing on our customer’s success, helping nonprofits do more good in the world.
We need your contribution in understanding the business and market requirements, researching and analyzing domain requirements and existing product behavior. You will help define user stories and non-functional requirements while keeping the big-picture strategic goals in the forefront.
You will create and communicate critical product knowledge through an understanding of the functional design of our products and how they are supported by the user experience and technical design.
This position supports our SKY Reporting solution and provides the opportunity to leverage your skills and experience with Business Intelligence, Benchmarking, Analytics and Reporting to help drive Blackbaud’s effort to deliver mission-critical insights, compelling data visualizations, and robust reporting tools to our customers.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, User Research, Engineers, and other business and technical stakeholders to understand product and business strategies and associated R&D success metrics
- Become a subject matter expert for your areas of Blackbaud solutions
- Research, create, and evaluate business process and data flows
- Explore and communicate domain requirements including;
- Researching and organizing domain terminology and content
- Identifying and elaborating domain entities and relationships
- Contribute to use case/user story creation
- Collaborate with the development team to create, evaluate and define solutions that address domain requirements to meet strategic goals.
- Document and communicate the functional design and how it is supported by the user experience and technical design.
Experience and Skills
- BS (Computer Science preferred) and/or 1-3 years of experience working as a BSA, BA, or Product Owner role in a commercial software environment
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more software development methodologies, including Agile
- Experience eliciting, documenting and communicating software requirements as use case or user stories
- Practical experience applying storyboarding scenarios, business processes and workflow mapping
- Understanding of User-Centered design, user research methodologies and Information Architecture is helpful
- Familiarity with Non-Profit operations is a plus!
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Analytic Reporting concepts is desired.
- Experience with reporting tools and platforms such as Power BI, Tableau, GoodData, Crystal Reporting, etc. is desired.
- Project and/or program management experience is also valued
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.