Local F500 client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst with quality engineering experience to add to their team for a long term contract opportunity. This Quality Engineering Business Systems Analyst will work with the Solution Architects on Test Modernization project, with focus on Self Service Test Environments, Shared Functional Test Environments and Enterprise Test Data Management services. The business systems analyst will need to learn and understand the operation and the complexities that irregular operations bring and focus on the business' needs as it relates to information technology. Using this knowledge and technical understanding, the business systems analyst will work to ensure the various services are implemented systematically while ensuring a laser focus on the customer.
- Responsible for contributing to decks and other articles/documents that can be used to explain the overall Test Modernization project.
- Provides support to customer in defining and/or designing business processes; helps identify technologies to meet customer requirements.
- Work in concert with other business areas, participate in cross-divisional discussions on the strategy and direction of the service recovery systems.
- Work closely with the various application teams undergoing Application modernization.
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes; researches and provides information concerning technical solutions and competitors' practices relevant to the customer's business.
- Keeps the customer informed & follows standard practices to insure the customer is properly advised on appropriate approaches to solving their business problems.
- Keep abreast of industry technical and commercial trends through benchmarking; participation in professional associations, etc., in order to lead customer and client to appropriate solutions.
- Identifies, understands, and resolves communication gaps across technology and business partners.
- Identify and propose technology solutions that align to the business case.
- Conduct facilitated workshops to elicit both technical and functional requirements.
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements (both business and technical).
- Identify technical constraints to the proposed solutions and work with business and IT cross functional team to develop solutions.
- Partner with other IT experts and address business, technical and hardware needs.
- Direct completion of project BA objective, such as scope, requirement, analysis and solutions, business process modeling, UAT, and customer training.
- Document requirements, create use cases and process models.
- Produce project user interface designs, prototypes, process and data flow diagrams and system models.
- Assist the technical team and strengthen their understanding of the solution to be developed.
- Develop test plans, test scripts and perform system testing.
- 3+ years of experience in IT business systems analysis or equivalent business experience or training.
- 3+ years of experience working within IT in business systems analysis, application design, development, installation, and modification, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- Experience/background in but not limited to Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, JUnit, Angular2, Smart GWT, Jenkins CD/CI, JSON/XML/SOAP, SQL, Maven.
- Ability to visualize and prototype technical solutions to business needs.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise, and easy-to-read functional and technical specifications.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), other technical project management methodologies, and knowledge of software designing concepts.
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to efficiently communicate to stakeholders, gaining trust and building consensus.
- Proactive, self-driven individual with strong support/service attitude.
- Working understanding of networks, operating systems and technology system interfaces.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience working with diverse teams located in various cities.
- Business process re-engineering experience.
- Experience in service recovery systems, experience in service recovery operations, and knowledge of optimization engines a plus.
- Key industry certifications such as CBAP, Agile/Scrum, and ITIL preferred.
- Previous airline, travel, and / or transportation industry experience preferred.