Using discretion and judgment, the Senior Business Systems Analyst helps develop systems technology projects that address the business needs of the MFS organization. They collaborate with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to elicit and gather business requirements. They develop appropriate documentation (e.g. specifications, user stories, wireframes, etc.) that clearly outline the key business needs. The Senior Business Systems Analyst collaborates with various internal and external stakeholders to develop, test, and deploy technology solutions. The Business Systems Analyst follows the MFS Agile system-development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners.
• Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements within the Regulatory Portfolio. Works with business users to understand and define needs. Converts business requirements into functional specifications. Works closely with business users, scrum masters, QA, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
• Collaborates with the businesses stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
• Follows and champions the agile framework within a dedicated team to delivery continuous value to business users.
• The entire delivery team owns quality so collaborate with QA members in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
• Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation.
• Provides application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
• Mentors and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
• Minimum of four years' experience in the financial services industry, ideally supporting regulatory technology changes.
• Intermediate technical skills including an understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
• Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
• A firm understanding of agile framework.
• Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.