Summary: Responsible for purchasing and the tactical management of assigned suppliers and/or categories from receipt of planning requirements to payment of invoice. This includes but is not limited to order placement, cost savings initiatives, performance of assigned suppliers, rejections, and supplier suggestions or part moves within assigned supplier categories.
- Responsible for the purchase order from the initial demand signal to stock.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Solicits bids, analyzes quotes, and conducts cost/price analyses.
- Negotiates price and selects or recommends suppliers.
- Manages and executes day to day activities in relation to communicating specifications, quantity, quality, and delivery commitments.
- Monitors past and current supplier performance ensuring compliance to all regulations, goals and objectives.
- Maintains personal knowledge of the supplier, government regulations, and established purchasing practices and procedures.
- Identifies and implements ideas for performance improvement.
- Will be the supplier representative to all internal customers
- Visit suppliers as necessary.
Bachelor's degree preferred with 1 to 2 years of purchasing experience. Must possess a broad knowledge of ERP/MRPII or an automated purchasing system. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, Microsoft office, data analysis and presentation skills.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.