Our client has a Contract to Permanent opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join their growing Purchasing dept.
The emphasis for this role is on strategy, supplier development, business relationships, cost, negotiations and assurance of supply and quality. The Buyer will increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by purchasing materials in a timely manner and at the lowest cost. The Buyer will coordinate vendor activity and negotiations, and analyze trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to determine the correct timing of purchases.
- Manage purchase decisions for responsible commodities
- Negotiate pricing, transportation and payment terms with vendors.
- Responsible for continuous improvement to Quality and Material Safety
- Maintain and uphold raw material product specifications
- Provide vendors with forecast of future usage
- Work with vendors to improve and maintain relationships current relationships as well as create new vendor relationships
- Responsible for reporting and reaching goals set forth by the Manager
- Follow and enforce any and all additional duties or responsibilities assigned by Manager
Job Requirements & Preferences:
- 3-5 years of previous purchasing experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of material and manufacturing processes
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to manage projects form beginning to end
- Highly motivated, detail oriented and organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook