RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Buyer in Gastonia, North Carolina (NC).
As a support of the Components and Logistics Purchasing team you will gain valuable experience and knowledge cross functionally. This position is responsible for the strategic procurement of parts and components for key internal and external customers.
This team supports Labor Relations & Operations. The purpose of this position is to reach out to various vendors in the area to see if they can make or provide services to help the company become more cost effective for parts. The Buyer will be reaching out to prospective vendors that can provide those services (parts or materials). They will be negotiating with the vendors for the best prices but can also provide the quality and dependability that is necessary in order for the company to meet customer requirements. Buyers will be working closely with a current buyer on staff and will work as a team trying to secure those favorable contracts with the vendors. It is important that the company has a reputable and quality vendor group. The current buyer will be training of new team members, reference materials and data for resources. This environment is within a plant, but in an office setting.
- Maintain supplier pricing files, purchasing contracts, and internal communication systems to ensure pricing is correctly documented
- Manage daily administrative requirements for successful team metrics, including contract requisitions, competitive part quotations, price discrepancies and related tasks
- Support negotiations and renew supplier contracts to purchase critical materials, parts, components and tooling
- Issue request for quotations to suppliers and prepare quote comparisons as necessary to validate appropriateness
- Support multi-functional product teams to develop and evaluate long-term proposals
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Complies with all company policies and standards
- Bachelor's degree or an Associate's degree with 1 year of related experience or 4 years of related experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and excellent analytical and communication skills required
- Experience with Globus, Paragon, and P-View preferred
- Familiar with business and economic issues, cost structures and contracts preferred
- Relevant materials and their features and production techniques in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working with MRP systems to understand requirements and initiate work orders/purchase orders required
- Candidate must have great communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with a team
Top 3 Must Haves:
- Excel - tracking/storing information (pivot table experience)
- Microsoft Word
- Good negotiating skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.