Our Hiring Company, which provides a stable and thriving mid-size company culture, has an opening for a BUYER at their Grand Rapids, MI facility. This locally owned, highly successful company strives for true partnerships by consulting with their customers on best practices, safety and streamlining operations to ensure the unique needs of every customer is matched with the best possible customer experience. It is an exciting time to be a part of this company as it approaches its 60 year anniversary!
The BUYER will be working with multiple suppliers / vendors to forecast seasonal schedules, demands and come up with creative solutions to fill customer requests. This role requires the ability to think and forecast outside of traditional ERP software to be able to forecast well. You will be using ERP software but must be versatile in MS Excel to work both with customers and warehousing.
Day-to-Day Duties May Include:
- Purchasing from multiple suppliers and product lines (SKU’s)
- Vendor management, negotiation, and cost control
- Forecasting (ability to forecast outside of a computer system)
- Working with inventory
- Communicating with international sources
- May travel occasionally
- BS Degree Supply Chain or Business required
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing and forecasting required
- Experience with stock, indirect and drop ship orders
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA, and Vlookup required
- Experience purchasing machinery a plus
- Must have strong customer service skills
Interested Candidates please send your resume in WORD format to email@example.com.
For other exciting career opportunities at JBL Resources, please visit our website: www.jblresources.com. JBL Resources is proud to have earned the reputation of being a premier provider of top talent professionals in the fields of engineering, human resources, logistics, operations, and supply chain management. As specialists in both permanent placement and contract services, our mission is to help companies and individuals become all they were created to be.
**JBL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify Company