At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Buyer/Planner works with suppliers to fulfill requirements by placing orders and maintaining order schedules to signals driven by the Master Production Schedule and customer Sales Orders.
- Analyze material requirements and planning reports to establish an optimal supply of material.
- Place purchase orders, update supplier schedules and maintain delivery expectations with suppliers.
- Expedite material shortages to support production line stability
- Resolve issues at receiving and receiving inspection to allow parts to proceed to the production line.
- Maintain accuracy of MRP database to allow for accurate planning and supplier performance monitoring.
- Maintain purchase orders and supporting document.
- Communicate specifications and ECOs to suppliers.
- Assist in the development of commodity strategies designed to achieve the highest quality products and services while achieving product cost objectives.
- Process Material Return Authorizations with suppliers and ensure proper application of credit on a timely basis.
- Support all Supply Chain Engineering and Supply Chain Quality Activities for assigned commodities.
- Maintain market awareness with respect to assigned commodities and proactively communicate supply constraint and technology trends.
- Support engineering and production through the implementation of ECOs within the supply chain.
- Support Research & Development in product introduction.
- Lead/participate in pricing and service negotiations for assigned commodities/suppliers.
- Coordinate/support activities with the Global Supply Chain Management Team in implementing best practices in the development, ownership and maintenance of global supply chain business relationships.
- Uphold Spacelabs values of Customer Obsession, Ownership Mindset and Superior Results.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 4 years of directly related work experience can substitute for education.
- Purchasing or materials management experience, with electronics production environment preferred. 5+ years experience for level 3, 8+ years experience for level 4. Overall relevant experience determines level.
- Experience in medical device or other industry operating under regulatory requirements preferred.
- Strong experience across a broad range of commodities preferred.
- Experience in planning, forecasting and responding to drop in demand requirements.
- Working knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques, DFx, Lean, Six Sigma preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet the deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills across organization and with various stakeholders.
- Agile, ERP, Excel and SharePoint system users preferred.
- Some Project Management and cross-functional team leadership experience preferred.
- ISM Certification a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for the Security and Healthcare divisions, as well as to external original equipment manufacturer clients for application in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.