Responsibilities for the Buyer• Make buying decisions from various suppliers.
• Analyze and manage appropriate reports such as blanket P.O. reports, supplier performance reports, MRP exception reports and open P.O. reports to ensure on-time material availability and proper inventory levels.
• Investigate and review all material quality complaints and problems, both internal and external and forward correspondence to appropriate personnel.
• Analyze excess and obsolete material and initiate disposition via various channels, both internal and external.
• Analyze quotations to ensure that proposals meet with government regulations and accepted trade practices.
• Demonstrate knowledge of purchasing and associated materials management systems.
• Develop skills and obtain knowledge in project management, purchasing related materials management systems, negotiation, and contract terms and conditions.
Requirements for the Buyer• Bachelor's Degree in business or technical field preferred.
• 2-3 years purchasing experience preferred.
• Medical manufacturing industry background desired.
• Knowledge of procurement practices and techniques preferred.
• C.P.M and/or CPIM certification desirable.
• Comprehension of MRP II and it's operating environment preferred.
• Knowledge of Total Quality Management Desired.
Benefits• Paid Vacation
• Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.