RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Buyer in San Antonio, Texas (TX).
A Procurement Buyer in Supply Chain is responsible for identifying and procuring the goods and services the organization requires. They identify external material needs of the business, find services providers who can supply these goods, process the Requisitions for such goods and services, verify the existence of valid Agreements, validate line items unit costs against supplier rate sheets, negotiate for prices and arrange for the purchase and delivery of the goods.
- Determine the purchasing needs of the organization
- Establishes source of supply, negotiates price, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition that maintains consistency with the Program/Requisitioning Unit requirement and compliance with company policies and federal regulations
- Provides guidance and information to requester that includes communication of procurement actions and assist with special or complex requirements
- Maintains procedures to assure follow-up and administration of purchase order and subcontract files; Coordinates requisition requirements with requester
- Reviews purchase requisitions and places orders with approved suppliers for routine and more complex purchases
- Negotiates price, quality and services
- Supports the goals and objectives of the company as a part of a work group or team member
- Collaborate with other parts of the organization to forecast demand and evaluate inventory levels
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, and cancellations
- Negotiate directly with vendors to get the best possible pricing and payment options
- Bachelor's degree preferred or; Two (2) years of experience in procurement or related business field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college
- APP (Accredited Purchasing Practitioner) preferred
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager), APP (Accredited Purchasing Practitioner) preferred
- Deep understanding and professional experience with Purchasing Contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High Level of Skills in the SAP R2 Production Environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
- Strong market knowledge and experience in working across various functions, businesses and regions
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.