We have an outstanding opportunity for a Buyer / Planner in the Syracuse, NY area.
Established Syracuse manufacturer looking for a Buyer / Planner. In this role you will be responsible for buying / planning functions to meet fast paced production needs. You will negotiate terms, including pricing and delivery, for raw materials, outsourcing services, and sub-components.
- Forecasting: Manages and forecasts assigned materials and components to ensure appropriate inventory levels to support customer delivery requirements.
- Procurement: Responsible for all purchasing functions, including source selection, ordering and follow-up. Manages order changes with suppliers to avoid delays. Negotiates pricing and delivery terms with vendors. Analyzes weekly reports on past due purchase orders, following up on back orders, communicates delays and changes to impacted personnel as appropriate. Utilizes ERP (SAP) system in compliance with supply chain processes.
- Supplier Trends: Analyzes supplier performance data to identify issues, recommend and implement corrective actions. Monitors purchase price variances and resolves discrepancies with vendors. May research and evaluate new vendors. Works with Quality personnel as required when supplier performance impacts product quality.
- Customer Service: Serves as liaison to vendors and suppliers; communicates information internally and externally to ensure appropriate personnel are notified of delays, changes, and errors with goods ordered and received.
- Metrics: Records information as required for timely and accurate measure of performance regarding procurement activities and supplier performance.
- Experience Required: Experience in procurement, scheduling or inventory control or production in a manufacturing environment. Able to identify and resolve problems. The ability to develop excellent working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization along with vendors and customers.
- Education/Training Required: Associates Degree in business (or international equivalent). Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Proficiency with relevant computer systems required, including SAP, Microsoft Excel and Access.
- 55000 - 60000
To apply for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp today!