Working under minimal supervision, the Buyer will be responsible for providing complete, turn-key procurement services as well as all requestors of purchasing support per Government guidelines.
- Provide procurement information and support to all disciplines within the company
- Research the market, locate sources for goods and services, analyze quotations received, and select suppliers with whom orders will be placed.
- The Buyer will enter purchase requisitions/orders into the computer database, and maintain so that all requisitions and other co-workers can have an up-to-date status on all orders.
- Develop and maintain necessary files for efficient operations, historical records and ISO accountability requirements.
- Obtain materials and services from suppliers at the lowest possible cost consistent with quality, reliability of source and schedule considerations.
- Provide input to help establish, maintain and enforce company purchasing procedures and ensure compliance to all applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) guidelines and all ISO procedures.
Required Education and Skills:
- Degree preferred, not required
- Min of 3 plus years of experience (Assistant Buyer, Purchasing Clerk, etc.) within the Government sector a must
- Prefer strong tenure with upward mobility throughout their professional working experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare error free documents using the proper grammar, etc.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Word skills
- PeopleSoft experience a plus not required
- Must have the ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and catch on quickly
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our client's workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.