North Dayton Company now recruiting for the role of Buyer. The Buyer role is assigned to procure and manage indirect item/services purchases, including sourcing, negotiating price & terms, develop and manage suppliers, handle all related documents to support current operation, new projects and work on continuous improvement activities
- Understand user's requirement, sourcing, negotiate price & terms, make supplier selection proposal which fit for purpose
- Negotiate reasonable Total Cost of Ownership and competitive credit terms
- Be fair and open to all suppliers while sourcing.
- Prepare PO following Indirect Expenditure Standard Operating Procedures and follow up PO approval, filling PO/contract/PO supporting document according to related SOP
- Approve PO for responsible regional level categories within PO approval authorization
- Detect continuous improvement opportunity(including but not limited to cost saving opportunity, working process), find practical solution and implement, get involved as supervisor/manager's request in improvement project initiated by others
- Prepare reports per supervisor/manager's requirement, including but not limited to monthly spending report and analyze, recurring and non-recurring cost saving report
- Follow up payment issue and delivery when needed
- Provide benchmark and purchasing support to other region per case by case request
- Educate user to make sure related Standard Operating Procedures is followed and manage user's expectation via proper communication
- 3+ Years of experience as a Buyer with emphasis on indirect buying.
- Bachelor Degree
- 1+ Year of Excel pivot tables, Basic excel formulas, and Powerpoint
- Commercial sense of understanding cost driver/negotiation point and business model/market rule of different indirect categories and negotiation skill
- Basic project management capability
- Basic understanding on contract terms of different indirect categories, tax, regulation and logistic
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.