Job ID: 140047
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Stormwater Group is a team of experienced stormwater specialists developing new products and individual solutions to meet the ever-changing stormwater regulations that protect our environment. We offer a complete line of stormwater detention, stormwater retention, stormwater infiltration and stormwater treatment systems as well as drainage infrastructure products and custom precast structures, all manufactured in our 50 locations across the U.S.
Job Description Summary
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and modifying drawings per specifications and customer requirements. Prepare/maintain accurate catalog drawings and digital library for website. Work closely with Division Engineer, Sales, Production and Quality Control to ensure the product is built according to the latest part or shop drawings. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Create 3D models from samples and/or from 2D drawings
- Create special manufacturing drawings for immediate production
- Adhere to customer (internal and External) volumes, timelines and expectations
- Prepare and modify catalog drawings from existing and new products
- Maintain accurate drawing books for plant production and Quality Control
- Prepare product assembly or shop drawings for existing/new products as needed for sales staff and special drawings for plant projects as needed
- Work with Quality Control Inspector to learn requirements of process control, inspection, and testing in production
- Update/maintain digital database, i.e. Autodesk vault, hard-copies and engineering documents
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with AutoCAD, 2010 or newer preferred
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret sketches
- Ability to review and understand contract drawings and specifications
- Ability to read construction and civil plans
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office
- Basic mathematical skills
- Self-starter, motivated with ability to start and finish a project on time
- Must be able to handle several projects at once with minimum help or guidelines from department
- Must be able to work closely with others
- Must be highly detail oriented with good verbal and communication skills
- Associate's Degree
- Autodesk Inventor experience
- Experience in construction and / or structural design
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.