Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Prepare CAD drawings for product proposals and submittals.
- Perform estimating functions required to support the department (i.e. SSC bills of material, freight, buy-outs, and offer suggested sales strategies).
- Read project specifications and interpret, using in-depth broad based product knowledge.
- Prepare documentation assigned for the specific sales opportunity (i.e. specifications, interpretations, bid preparation, positioning sales strategy, other submittals, etc.).
- Obtain installation estimates from external installation partners and internal installation forces.
- Work through Engineering, Planning, Cost Accounting, etc. to support the Sales opportunity.
- Become proficient in the use of the project costing, pricing and planning software (Configura) to support distribution partner sales and direct sales opportunities.
- Cross train in project management. Manage assigned projects and assist in AC Support as needed and directed.
- Review contract documents (i.e. general conditions, special conditions, product specifications, etc.) to identify problems, product strategy and necessary information (project time frame, bonding, warranty, insurance, penalties, etc.).
- Maintain proper records in formats and time frames consistent with department and interdepartmental requirements.
- Perform additional responsibilities, as the CAD Drafter, to include pre-sale involvement, estimating, and capacity calculations for high bay and minor project management work.
- Two-year Associate’s Degree in CAD Drafting, Engineering, Construction Management or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience that has provided well rounded construction principles and product knowledge, applications knowledge and customer / project sequencing.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD drawing and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.). Knowledge and proficiency in Revit and BIM modelling is required.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, attention to detail, and follow through skills.
- Strong math, spacial and computational skills are required.
- Proficient in working with architectural floor plans/drawings, technical specifications, contract interpretation, mechanical concepts, and basic understanding of construction and construction methods.