The CAD Operator and Designer is responsible for drawing and/or re-drawing CAD (Computer Assisted Drafting) drawings using a variety of hardware & software including but not limited to AUTOCAD, GIZA, 2020 CAP STUDIO, etc. Drawings may be for systems furniture layouts, building plans, electrical, lighting, ceiling plans and others. Responsibilities include site visits to determine actual physical layout of buildings prior to drawing. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding customer service skills with a positive “can do” attitude. The work schedule is full-time, hours will vary. Reliable transportation is required for this position.
- Walk buildings and checks for architectural, electrical and lighting changes.
- Update master drawings with changes found during walk-throughs.
- Complete accurate onsite field measurements.
- Create Power & Communication plans.
- Draw and/or re-draw CAD (Computer Assisted Drafting) drawings using a variety of hardware & software including but not limited to AUTOCAD, GIZA, 2020 CAP STUDIO
- Produce detailed inventories of all goods exposed to on O&I and install projects.
- Meet with electrical engineers, architects and the record drawings supervisor on a weekly basis to review the updated master drawings changes made.
- Check all architectural and electrical layers and change according to customer standards.
- Create reflected ceiling and lighting plans.
- Revise electrical panel plans.
- Meet with electricians on a daily basis to go over new electrical needs.
- Plot E and B size architectural, electrical and lighting plans per quadrants per building.
- Complete all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into operations daily.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- Obtain daily work assignments from customer.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year drawing and/or re-drawing CAD (Computer Assisted Drafting) drawings or related experience
- Certification from an accredited technical school or college in Auto-CAD
- Familiar with basic systems furniture nomenclature and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth a plus
- Previous commercial and/or household goods moving experience preferred
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum supervision
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is preferred
- Familiar with various moving equipment and is proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, ramps, lift gates, and all specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., etc. is preferred
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect is preferred
- Familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process and understand the move labeling and directional signage is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, work instructions, install plans and timesheets
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and coworkers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Corovan University continuous learning and career development training
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day. May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or on a lift-gate.