The primary purpose of this position is to provide excellent customer service to people shopping in Rite Aid stores. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
· Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, answering customer inquiries, and resolving customer complaints.
· Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
· Reconcile cash register drawers at the end of the shift.
· Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office, including all housekeeping tasks.
· Stock store shelves and end-caps with merchandise when it is delivered to the store.
· Ensure the proper identification is produced when selling alcohol, tobacco, and lottery tickets, if applicable.
· Assist with the operation of the One-hour Photo department, if applicable.
· Build displays of merchandise and complete new plan-o-grams sent from the corporate offices.
· Complete inventory counts and order merchandise based on the results.
· Put up signs that identify items on sale in weekly advertisements and take down this signage when the sale is over.
· Assist with price markdowns and changes for merchandise on the shelves.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Education and/or Experience
· Ability to pass drug test.
· Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
· Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
· Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
· Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
· Ability to work day, evening, or night shift(s).
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
· No prior experience or training is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled