Job ID: 137040
Superlite is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
This position is responsible for the delivery of products sold to customers. In some instances, the drivers may be required to make pick-ups as needed. Current CDL license and clean MVR are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport block, mortar and all other materials to and from Superlite Locations in a safe manner
- Make assigned deliveries in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution
- Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
- Maintain complete and accurate records using ELDs (Electronic Logging Device) and conventional record keeping such as drivers' daily truck log, fuel tickets, delivery documentation and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain good customer relations
- Perform pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
- Obtain shipping bills and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to the shipping department
- Operate tractor-trailer/vehicle according to state and federal laws and observing all safety regulations established by the company and the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Provide and document proper routine maintenance of assigned truck and loading/unloading equipment
- Survey job site and unload cargo in the best area available in a safe manner
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, brakes, fuel, oil, and water
- Develop very good knowledge of inventory, sizes, types, colors and pallet package
- Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned equipment operations, product quality, customer satisfaction and traffic
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to operate a diesel powered tractor trailer safely and efficiently
- Forklift certified
- Must have Class A CDL
- Detail oriented
- Must have good communication skills
- Good knowledge of the product for product quality assurance
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Pass DOT physical and random drug/alcohol screening
- Employee is frequently required to climb
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Superlite Block is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Superlite Block is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.