Job ID: 140001
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are looking for CDL B drivers to deliver glass and metal to our customers and provide great customer service. This position can require unloading up to 75 pounds by hand. This is a union (Teamsters) position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely loading, transporting, and unloading glass and metal in a class B truck
- Handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal, and associated products
- Electronically logging hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Operation of hand-held scanners and electronic logging devices
- Using necessary equipment such as boom cranes, straight trucks, tilt dolly, pallet jacks, hoists, lift trucks, forklifts, power tools, tie down devices, calculator, and tape measurer
- At least 21 years of age or older (to cross state lines)
- Possess a valid commercial driver's license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner's certificate of physical qualification
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident-free class A or B driving experience
- Acceptable motor vehicle record as dictated by company standards
- Ability to determine whether transported cargo is properly located, distributed, and secured on the vehicle. Is familiar with methods and procedures for securing cargo in or on the Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Good customer relations skills
- Willingness and ability to load truck at the warehouse and unload at customer locations and job sites
- Have muscular and cardiovascular endurance to perform functions required for glass handling such as balancing, reaching, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Tight gripping, cupping, and wrist motions are required to support and carry and maneuver up to 75 pounds
- Climbing ladders, stairs, and ramps
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.