CEI Project Manager
CP&Y is seeking a CEI Project Manager for our CEI / Construction Management team in Texas. This position could be in the Dallas, Houston, or Austin area.
The Senior CEI Project Manager will help lead the effort to market, develop the capture plan, and to secure CEI/CM contracts with primarily the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), but may include various transportation agencies in Texas. The potential candidate will additionally support our operations managers and team leaders.
The candidate must demonstrate the following:
- The ability to administer construction contracts pertaining to highways, bridges and highway-related structures from the procurement stage through the final execution phase.
- Should have experience managing inspection and testing teams, managing projects or coordinating tasks of moderate size and complexity, function independently and resolve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Will develop and monitor construction budget requirements and oversee construction contracts partnering efforts.
- Review construction Plans, Specifications and Estimates, manage change orders, manage supplemental agreements, manage memorandum agreements and manage extra work orders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable material testing methods, processes and procedures; and provide oversight of construction operations.
- Review monthly and final estimates prior to submittal.
- Master/Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices.
In addition to project delivery responsibilities, a candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Ability to lead a construction engineering teams of 5-15 persons comprised of professional engineers, technical and/or clerical employees to include plan, assign, direct, coordinate and review their work.
- Capability to manage financial and personnel resources to achieve project management cost control.
Candidate must possess the following leadership traits:
- The ability to represent the company at various meetings and/or serve on various committees, workgroups and teams. The work requires contact with governmental officials and the public stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing and capable to manage public relations for maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups.
- Perform other job requirements within the candidate�s skills
- Flexibility to travel to construction sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be a team player with the virtues of integrity, loyalty, respect and a strong work ethics.
- B.S. or M.S. Civil Engineering with P.E. license in the State of Texas (or other state)
- 10-20 years of project management experience in Texas.
- TxDOT experience is desired.
- Proven business development experience is a plus.