My client is seeking a CEO to drive strategic growth for operations in the United States.
My client is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) of clean energy with over 5,600 MW of commissioned and committed clean energy assets across various states in the Middle East. Of this, more than 3600 MW assets are already commissioned. Committed to leading a change in the country's current energy portfolio by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, thereby reducing carbon footprint.
This position will work on the development strategy to grow the company's footprint in the USA, across renewable technologies; will identify opportunities on the basis of co-development relationships with project developers, as well as individual projects under development or in operation; will work jointly with other disciplines to conduct due diligence on, as well as to manage the development of projects; will coordinate an interdisciplinary team involved in all stages of project development, from conception through handover to Engineering and Construction (E&C), and continued support through COD. The role will require a unique combination of solar & wind development expertise, strategic planning, and organized leadership
The Country Manager will be responsible for:
- Effectively leading the Deal Origination, Development, Project Finance, Engineering and Delivery Teams
- Communicate with third party developers, financial advisors, utilities, tax equity investors, lenders, contractors, and other parties to exchange market intelligence, as a means to receive information or create new project opportunities
- Coordinate several functional areas internal and external to company to support a project's development including regulatory consultation, permitting, basic legal review, basic engineering review, and financial model assumptions. Monitor the progress of projects via periodic meetings to assess the development and construction of projects, as well as budget execution
- Identify and constitute new development partnerships in wind and solar space
- Building a Team in the US to address aggressive GW development and commissioning targets
- Financial forecasting for company
- Ensuring the financial success of platform in the US
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Executive level experience at an IPP
- 15+ years of proven experience in an energy development management role or in a related field (focus on new business development/market entry)
- At least 7-10 years' experience with a strong financial background (valuation, transactional experience, tax and incentives) and in market development, utility sales and marketing
- Should have demonstrated leadership, and should be able to work in a cross cultural setting
- Initiative to create a business.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Proven strategic vision
- Experience in renewable energy project finance
- Solar/wind sales & sales management experience preferred
- Experience in project finance and ability to comprehend finance models
- Understanding of the development stages of a solar/wind project
- Familiarity with fiscal incentives and their application to solar/wind project finance
- Self-starter, hands-on with attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, or related fields required with a related degree preferred
- Corporate / government affairs policy and relationship management
- Eye for minimising and managing risk
Competitive base salary + bonus + options.