CPR HeartPlace has an excellent full time employment opportunity, with benefits, for an experienced Clinical Receptionist with its North Dallas EP practice. This position, supporting two HeartPlace physicians, would be housed at our HeartPlace clinic located in Plano, TX. Prior working experience as a clinical administrative support would be required.
The Clinical Receptionist operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel. She courteously helps and directs all callers in a professional manner and with excellent customer service. Assists clinic by performing administrative duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards call to appropriate personnel or department.
2. Transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
3. Scheduling physician / patient appointments in EMR (Athena).
4. Answers questions and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
5. Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
6. Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
7. Informs supervisor of pertinent communication issues/escalates issues to appropriate party.
8. Reports routine maintenance calls to appropriate party.
9. Receives and distributes mail.
10. Performs other administrative duties as needed.
11. Receives and distributes packages to appropriate personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Highly dependable and punctual. Proven track record with regard to attendance and punctuality.
2. Must model a professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor at all times.
3. High school graduate or GED.
4. 2+ years of Receptionist experience with multi-line phone systems.
5. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse population, displaying professionalism and patience at all times.
6. Ability to multi-task and remain flexible; responding fluidly to changing priorities.
7. Previous experience with personal computer and word processing software. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.