CNC Boring Mill Machinist
|Category:||Manufacturing / Warehouse|
|Description:|| We are seeking a CNC Boring Mill Machinist for a position in Jefferson Hills, PA. |
A person in this role will be required to set-up and operate a Horizontal Boring Mill. Must be creative enough to handle complex set-ups and experienced enough to make smart changes in the machining process based on challenges faced and outcomes desired. A successful candidate must be familiar with a variety of CNC concepts, practices, and procedures with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Perform complex set-ups and machining operations on a CNC Boring Mill with Fanuc controls and have the ability to read and understand G-code.
- Edit CNC program to fine tune process for optimal performance
- In depth knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Follow instructions both verbal and written.
- Verify conformance of finished work pieces to specification, using precision measuring instruments.
- Produce quality parts in a timely manner.
- Follow shop safety standards.
- Work with Machinists, Project Managers and Engineers to solve problems and improve processes.
- Proper use of cranes for overhead lifting.
- Other Duties as assigned
|Requirements:|| Job Requirements: |
- High school diploma or GED required, plus 3 to 5 years related machine shop experience, or equivalent education.
- Basic trigonometry, geometry, and machinist mathematical skills
- Detailed knowledge of CNC machining technique.
- The ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Proficient at reading and understanding measuring devices
- Proficient at reading and understanding blueprints and shop drawings
- Prefer Programming ability and/or experience
- Familiarity with Fanuc controls is ideal
- Prefer Journeyman papers
- An ideal candidate will have an Associates degree in related field.
|Job Location:||Clairton, PA|
|Synerfac Branch:||Pittsburgh, PA|
|Synerfac Branch Phone:||(412) 380-0600|