Monroe Staffing is a 48- year old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT. and 5 in Mass. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking CNC lathe machinist in the Shelton, CT area.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) CNC Lathe Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate close tolerance and precision plastic and metal parts. The machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and performs quality in process inspections.
Duties and responsibilities
The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures safety methods and housekeeping practices are in place in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary following all procedures and work instructions.
- Sets up and operates machine for 1st piece to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data and performs in-process inspection. Complete and maintain job traveler in accordance with company policy.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Confers with Manufacturing Manager, engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining issues.
- Machinists are required to attend and complete job specific training and annual safety training.
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong background in Set-Up and operating CNC Mills, Lathes and Swiss machines with Live tools
- Knowledge of Deawwoo, Moriseki and Fanuc controls
- Must have strong background with Titanium and Plastic
- Good understanding of ISO9001 / 13485
- High School diploma
- Duration: for the right person they would hire direct. They might be looking at 6 months temp to hire.
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: DOE
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.