Job Title: CNC Lathe Operator (2nd shift)
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Duration: 3-6 months Temp-to-Direct Hire
Work Schedule: 2nd Shift (2:30pm - 11pm) with 4 weeks of training on 1st shift (6:00am - 2:30pm)
Pay Rate: $16-$19/hour (depends on experience)
Amtec is currently in search of an excellent CNC Lathe Operatorfor an excellent manufacturing client in Costa Mesa.The CNC Lathe Operator will, under moderate supervision, set up, operate, adjust, and edit programs on CNC Lathes and related equipment; check work for conformity with work specifications and quality standards; and perform related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Machine Shop Manager
• Set up, operate, and adjust controls on CNC Lathes in accordance with engineering specifications, production drawings, production procedures, and oral instructions
• Check work in progress and upon completion for adherence to work specifications, quality standards, and safe operating conditions
• Change settings for various production runs
• Obtain work supplies from tool crib as needed
• Clean and maintain work areas and equipment
• Complete work records and use hand tools as needed
• Implement most effective method to set up and complete a specific job and use time as efficiently as possible
• May deburr parts in completing production work
Ability to set up and machine the first part to blueprint specifications for first article inspection; minimum 3 years experience and training in setting up, operating and adjusting CNC lathe equipment with FANUC controls in a production environment.
• Considerable knowledge of the methods and techniques for operating CNC Lathes and related hand tools and equipment
• Knowledge of safe equipment operating procedures and work practices
• Knowledge of proper fluid levels and coolant recovery, skill in setting up, and maintenance procedures
• Operating and adjusting equipment control settings for CNC Lathes
• Ability to check machined parts for conformity with work specifications and quality standards
• Ability to read and interpret production blueprints and specifications, operating procedures, machine parts listings
• Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others
• Ability to ensure efficient operation of equipment and hand tools.
Ability to bend, reach, lift, move and carry tools and materials weighing 25 pounds or less; ability to reach and adjust equipment control settings.
Acceptable set of machinist's tools may be required. Steel-toe safety work shoes required
We look forward to working with you!