Ingenium Technologies - Los Angeles, CA 91355
Additional Job Postings: http://www.ingeniumtech.com/tech_staffing/
A large military aerospace contractor is currently seeking a CNC Machine Repair Specialist with specific experience in the assembly, test, maintenance and repair of hydraulic, mechanical & instrumentation systems, applying thorough knowledge of mechanical technologies and principles. This is for a 3rd shift position.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for equipment such as production machinery, production or development test equipment and support systems.
Assists with hazardous waste pickup, movement and storage in accordance with regulatory requirements, as required
Resolves moderately complex electrical problems with little or no assistance.
Reads and interprets mechanical drawings and assembly drawings for mechanical systems or machinery.
Coordinates and participates in installation of equipment in test fixtures, connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical controls, and instrumentation.
Diagnoses and corrects the challenging problems in production machinery and/or test equipment. Devises solutions to complex problems including fabrication of parts, system modifications to provide additional functionality and performs analysis on existing systems to determine process capability.
Performs routine preventive maintenance on hydraulic and pneumatic systems and documents completion of these tasks.
Mentors new technicians on principles of operation and diagnostic techniques for production machinery and/or test equipment.
Documents mechanical or electrical problems and utilizes internal and external resources to find solutions to those problems.
Examines parts for conformance to system or component specifications using precision measuring instruments; performs precision alignment of machinery and balancing of rotating components.
Analyzes advanced test results in relation to design or rated specification and test objectives; modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
Participates in design reviews for new or modified mechanical systems, provides feedback to design engineers on system functionality and reliability.
Required Software: MS Office Applications
- 5-10 years experience in the repair and maintenance of CNC equipment, preferably in the aerospace and defense industry.
- 5-10 years experience in a manufacturing environment involving hydraulic components and test fixtures preferably in a union environment.
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information.
- Capable of interfacing effectively with all levels of management.
- Advanced ability to read and use a wide range of precision mechanical measurement devices.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere with emphasis on customer service.
- Advanced electrical knowledge and can resolve problems with distribution equipment, motor controls and interlock circuits.
- The ability to adhere to department safety rules regarding eye and ear protection, personal protection, hazard labeling, MSDS sheets, evacuation procedures.
- Advanced ability to read mechanical drawings and hydraulic schematics.
- Knowledge of all national, state and local electrical codes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Position: Direct Hire, 3rd Shift, Monday - Friday 10pm-6am
Travel: 20% domestic and international required
Compensation: Hourly non-exempt plus overtime, Highly Competitive with Benefits
Location: Los Angeles, CA 91355